Hays County is one of the fastest growing counties in the U.S. and businesses are opening, relocating, and expanding to Hays County to accommodate the new growth. At Hays Happenings, we have had several questions/requests about businesses coming soon to Hays County. So we will be keeping a list and updating it as we receive new information. If you know of any new Hays County business information, send us an email.
Businesses Coming Soon to Hays County
- Shine On Yoga (San Marcos) – Shine On Yoga is coming soon to 300 University Drive, San Marcos, this spring.
- Cigar Vault (Buda) – Is coming soon to 210 N. Main St., Buda. It will open in mid- to late March. The Cigar Vault will offer cigars, a ventilated smoking area, and wine and beer.
- Heat Boot Camp (San Marcos) – Will open in early Spring at 110 E. MLK Drive. They currently have a location in Austin and will be expanding to San Marcos. The fitness studio offers group and personal training.
- Two Wheel Brewing Co. (Buda) – Buda will soon have a new brewery located at 535 S. Loop 4. Two Wheel Brewing Company is set to open this February 2017. The brewery will feature a tasting room and will occasionally host food trucks.
- Personal Picasso (Kyle) – Personal Picasso is in the process of relocating from San Marcos to Kyle.
- Sodalis Senior Living (Buda) – Sodalis Senior Living assisted living apartments at 645 FM 967, are set to open in November 2017. They will be located across the street from Sodalis’ existing senior living community in Buda.
- Olive Garden (San Marcos) – Olive Garden is coming soon to Hays County and is set to open this Spring along I-35, close to 54th Street Restaraunt & Drafthouse.
- Figaro’s Pizza & Pub (San Marcos) – Plans to open late February or early March at 243 Wonder World Drive, Ste. 100 in San Marcos.
- NB Mattress (San Marcos) – New Braunfels Mattress plans to open by the end of January 2017 at 1218 TX-123.
- Blue Starlite Drive-In (Buda) – This beloved Austin movie theater will be relocating to 1510 Satterwhite Road, Buda, sometime in 2017. The new expanded facility will have a better screen and projector, more speakers and expanded concessions options including brisket from Black’s BBQ, as well as beer and wine. Check out their website for more information.
- Marco’s Pizza (Kyle) – At 5896 Kyle Parkway, Kyle. For more info check out their website.
- Fairway Landing Apartments (Kyle) – At 510 Kohlers Crossing, Kyle. It is located in Plum Creek.
- The Pointe (San Marcos) – At 316 N. Edward Gary St., San Marcos. Or check out their website and Facebook.
- Sobar Massage (San Marcos) – At 120 W. Hopkins St., San Marcos, will open by the second week of January. Check out their website and Facebook page.
- Insomnia Cookies (San Marcos) – At 111 E. Hopkins St., San Marcos within the next few months or by early 2017. Check out their website for more information.
- Urban Bricks Pizza (San Marcos) – At 420 University Drive, will open by mid-December. For more information check out their Facebook page.
- Schlotzsky’s Bakery & Cafe (San Marcos) – At 205 W. Hopkins St., will open in late December. Check out their website for more information.
- Michael’s (San Marcos) – Plans to open their new store near the intersection of Barnes Drive and McCarty Lane by fall 2017. Check out their website for more information.
- Texas Orthopedics, Sports and Rehabilitation Associates (Kyle) – At 4215 Benner Road, plans to open in early 2017. For more information click here to check out their website and Facebook page.
- Summermoon Coffee (San Marcos) – Will open two locations in San Marcos. The first location will open by March 2017, at Ella Lofts, 817 Chestnut St. The second location will be at Springtown Mall, 200 Springtown Way, San Marcos. For more information check out their website.
- Summermoon Coffee (Kyle) – Will open a new coffee shop at 4217 Benner Road, Kyle, in early 2017. The Kyle location will be their biggest store at about 1,800 square feet of space, with a drive-thru.For more information check out their website.
- Buda Municipal Complex (Buda) – The City of Buda is building a new City Hall, Buda Public Library, and a new building to house the Buda Police Department, at the corner of Main and East Loop streets. The buildings are expected to be completed by spring 2018. For more information check their website.
- Ivar’s River Pub (San Marcos) – At 701 Cheatham St., formerly known as the River Pub, plans to reopen in early 2017. Check out their Facebook page.
- H-E-B (San Marcos) – At the intersection of Wonder World Drive and Hunter Road. There is currently no timeline for when the store may open. Find more information on their website.
- Stepping Stone School (Kyle) – Will open in their second location in Kyle by early 2017 in Kyle’s Plum Creek subdivision at the intersection of Kohler’s Crossing and FM 2770. Check out their website for more information.
- Homewood Suites (San Marcos) – At 451 Barnes Drive, will open by summer 2017. Find more information on their website.
- Candlewood Suites (Buda) – At 2180 Main St., Buda, will open by early 2017, and include an outdoor swimming pool, gazebo, gym and grill. Check out their website for more information.
- Comfort Suites (Kyle) – At 5213 Physician’s Way, Kyle, will open by late December. The hotel will feature 71 rooms, a swimming pool and large meeting room. Find more information on their website.
- Hampton Inn (Kyle) – At 151 Bunton Creek Road, Kyle, will open in late May 2017. The four-story hotel will have 82 rooms as well as meeting space for as many as 200 people. Click here for more information on their website.
- The Local (San Marcos) – At 210 N. Edward Gary St., will open by mid-2017. It will feature retailers at the street level and five stories of residential units. For more information check out their website and Facebook page.
Businesses Now Open in Hays County:
- Screen Genius Phone Repair (San Marcos) – Is now open at 1330 Aquarena Springs Drive. The business offers repairs for smartphone, tablet and laptop screens.
- Orangetheory Fitness (San Marcos) – At 243 Wonder World Drive, opened on January 26th. Check out their website and Facebook page for more details.
- The Candy Wraptor (San Marcos) – The Candy Wraptor is now open at 2626 Hunter Road, San Marcos. This old fashioned soda and candy shop has phosphates, shakes, floats, and hand made chocolates.
- Donut 911 (Kyle) – Donut 911 merged with Big Rob’s Burgers in Plum Creek starting January 6th. Full breakfast 6-11 Saturday and Sundays. No donuts yet.
- Wright’s Emporium (Kyle) – Is now open as soon as January 7th at 222 S. Main St., Ste. 106.
- Outer Rim Escape (San Marcos) – Opened for business in December at 700 N. LBJ Drive, Ste. 112, San Marcos. Outer Rim Escape designs rooms for that carry a different theme or storyline and you and your friends, co-workers, family, etc. have to work together to solve the puzzle and win.
- Buck’s Backyard (Buda) – Buck’s Backyard is now open at 1750 S FM 1626, Buda. Buck’s Backyard is the place to go in Buda for cold beer, good eats, and live music.
- Brooklyn’s Down South (Buda) – Brooklyn’s Down South, at 100 N. Main St., is now open in Buda. They officially opened the second week of January.
- Edible Arrangements (Kyle) – Reopened its doors in December at 5401 South FM 1626
Kyle, TX 78640.
- Kyle Parkway Dentistry (Kyle) – Is officially open for business as of Monday, December 26th. They are located at 4650 South FM 1626, Suite 104 in Kyle.
- Gamino – Harrell Funerals & Cremations (Buda) – Is now open at 606 Main Street, Buda. They offer funeral, burial, cremation, preplanning, aftercare services. Monument sales & merchandise offered.
- Massage Envy (Kyle) – Opened in December at 5401 S FM 1626, Suite 140
Kyle, TX 78640.
- Pinky’s Wine Bar (San Marcos) – Inside the Dahlia Woods Gallery, Pinky’s Wine Bar opened in early December. They will host live music on Fridays and Saturdays, as well as be a stop on the Third Thursday Walkabout.
- Goodwill (Kyle) – The Goodwill store, at 901 Seton Parkway, has now opened. It has a 20,000 square feet retail store and donation drop-off center. Goodwill also offers career advancement training programs and job-placement services. For more information check out their website.
- MedPost Urgent Care (San Marcos) – MedPost Urgent Care is now open at 155 Wonder World Drive, San Marcos. MedPost offers convenient and compassionate walk in care when you need immediate medical attention and treatment. Their goal is to provide quality care that fits into your schedule and is much more affordable than a visit to the ER. For more information check out their website and Facebook.
- Rising Phoenix Martial Arts (Kyle) – They are dedicated to bringing about a better world through the instruction of the martial arts. They have martial arts classes available for kids 3 years old and up. They are located at 402 South Old Highway 81 Kyle, TX 78640. For more information on their classes visit their website and/or Facebook page.
- Wing Stop (Kyle) – Wing Stop is now open in Kyle, at 5167 Kyle Centre Dr., in the shopping center with Game Stop in front of Target. They will have wings, sides, and drinks. To order online or for more information check out their website and Facebook page.
- Which Wich (Kyle) – Which Wich, opened in October in Kyle, has a large selection of cold and hot sandwiches, wraps, bowlwiches, lettuce wraps, and milkshakes. They are located at 4640 S. FM 1626 Kyle, TX 78640. They offer online ordering and catering on their website.
- Kyle Care Pharmacy (Kyle) -Kyle Care Pharmacy is now open. This locally owned and independent community pharmacy offers over-the-counter medications and fills prescriptions. They also provide free medication delivery and are offering to match other pharmacies prices. Visit them at 575 E. FM 150, Kyle, or check out their website and Facebook.
- Super Donut (Kyle) – Super Donut is now open in Kyle, at 575 E FM 150, in the shopping center with Pizza Hut. They will have donuts, croissants and of course the kolaches.
- Cuda Sports Rentals (Kyle) – Opened in November in Kyle. This family owned and operated business is a One Stop Shop for Big Kids Party Toy Rental. They currently have Knocker Balls, and plan to add Sumo Suits, Joisting and more in the near future. You can check out their website and Facebook for more information.
- Beauty Studio (Buda) – The Beauty Studio opened in early November at 668-B Main St., Buda. They offer a wide range of services including smoothing treatments, haircuts, all types of color services, lashes, makeup, and waxing. For more information check out their website and Facebook.
- Perk Up (San Marcos) – Perk Up is now open for business at 407 S. Stagecoach Trail, San Marcos! They offer great coffee, espresso beverages, vast tea selection, and quality food that focuses on fresh ingredients. They serve all items all day from open till close. For more information on Perk Up check out their Facebook page.
- Kung Fu Tea (San Marcos) – Now open at 212 N. LBJ Dr., San Marcos. Kung Fu Tea has serves bubble tea, slushies, milk teas, punch and coffee drinks. For more information visit their website.
- ATX Fence Supply (Buda) – ATX Fence Supply opened in November at 17301 IH 35, Buda. They carry and manufacture Fence Materials and Supplies, Drive Gates and Automation. Check out their website for more information.
- Hooters (San Marcos) – Hooters opened their first San Marcos location in late October, at 9115 Luciano Flores Street. The restaurant will serve their famous chicken wings, as well as salads, burgers, seafood dishes and fried pickles. For more information check out their website and Facebook page.
- The Spot (San Marcos) – The Spot, at 1180 Thorpe Lane, opened its doors in October. They have 6 dine-in movie screens, bowling lanes, a bar, restaurant and other amenities. The Spot is owned and operated by EVO Entertainment Group. For movie schedules and other information check out their website and Facebook page.
- Faces In The Dark Tattoo (Kyle) – Faces in the Dark Tattoo main focus color tattoos and also very three-dimensional tattoos. They are open as of October and located at 121 Hall Professional Center, Ste. E.
- Big Rob’s Burgers (Kyle) -Big Rob’s Burgers opened up in September, at 130 Kirkham Circle, in the Plum Creek subdivision. The restaurant serves artisan burgers, chicken strips, salads, and appetizers. Check out their Facebook page for more info.
- The Find (Wimberley) – The owner’s of the San Marcos clothing boutique, Two P’s and Calli’s, opened a new boutique, at 111 River Road, Wimberley. The new boutique is called The Find. They will carry clothing, accessories, and home items. For more information check out their website and Facebook page.
- Potter Auto Repair (Kyle) – Is a full-service auto diagnostics and repair located in 181 Weldon Johnson Way #4, Kyle. They opened in September. Check out their website for more information.
- Creative Arts of Austin (Buda) – Filmmaking and Film Acting Classes, opened in Downtown Buda in September! First Studio of its kind in Hays County!
- Milagros Religious Gifts & More (Kyle) – Opened in late September at 114 S. Front St., next to Pizza Classics and LoneStar Delights! They carry a selection of Christian gifts, Sterling Silver Christian Jewelry, wall crosses, Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation etc..
- Dapper House Vapes (Buda) – Is now open at 503 S. Loop 4, Ste. A in Buda.
Business Relocations in Hays County
1. WellMed (San Marcos) – Is set to relocate to 1290 Wonder World Drive, San Marcos in 2017.
Business Closings in Hays County
- Bailey’s Burgers (Kyle)
- Studio D Barber and Beauty (San Marcos)
- Cleveland’s (Buda)
- My Lil Sprouts Kids Consignment Store (Kyle)
- Little Shoppe of Health (San Marcos)
*Disclaimer: We are always researching to make sure that all the information listed is accurate, but there are things that can happen that we can’t control. Such as businesses backing out, taking longer than anticipated to build, etc.. So when things change we will try to update as the information comes around.
If you know of a new business coming soon to Hays County, a business that is now open in Hays County, or any other business news that impacts Hays County please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!